EduCare is excited to announce the release of the Breast Cancer Survivorship Handbook. This new book was built around a quote from the author, Judy Kneece, RN, OCN, “Survivorship is the challenge to no longer focus on cancer, but to focus on the gift of life after cancer.” This book is designed to empower breast cancer patients to build a better life for themselves when treatment is complete.
The Breast Cancer Survivorship Handbook addresses the next challenge for a breast cancer patient—managing her survivorship. Just like a breast cancer diagnosis, survivorship brings its own set of challenges and adaptations. Survivorship also requires managing psychological and social issues along with physical changes and follow-up care.
The Breast Cancer Survivorship Handbook empowers a patient to thrive by explaining lingering breast cancer treatment side effects and how to manage them. The book addresses the seldom-discussed issues of sexuality and the management of lingering depression and anxiety and, most importantly, what to do about them. Throughout the book are quotes from patients, inspirational thoughts to encourage and “how to” tips.
Topics Included in the Book:
- Managing the Fear of Recurrence
- Understanding Family Cancer Risk
- How to Communicate With Healthcare Providers
- Follow-up Care After Breast Cancer
- Potential Side Effects After Breast Cancer Treatment
- Caring for the Surgical Arm
- Managing Fatigue After Cancer Treatment
- Managing Menopausal Side Effects
- Dealing With Memory Changes
- Dealing With Body Image Issues
- Fertility After Treatment
- Dealing with Numbness in Your Hands and Feet
- Managing Chronic Anxiety and Depression
- Understanding Hormonal Medications
- Making Personal and Legal Decisions
- Spirituality’s Role in Recovery
- Evaluating Different Cancer Treatments
- Planning for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Patient Resources
- Tear-Out Work Sheets
- Healthcare Symptoms Record
Included with the Breast Cancer Survivorship Handbook, is a Breast Cancer Treatment Summary, a Breast Cancer Treatment Summary Quick Reference Card and a Survivorship Care Plan folder.
Orders for the book may be made through the company website at www.EduCareInc.com or by phone at 843-760-6064.